Small business owners wear many hats and often lack the expertise or staff assistance to navigate the complex rules and regulations that impact the successes and challenges of their business. As a result, small business owners are often unaware of new or revised regulations and the corresponding compliance requirements that accompany them. COSE understands the regulatory challenges small businesses face and looks forward to continuing our work with agencies and legislators to ensure that the interests of small business are considered when rules and regulations are developed and implemented.
2013-2014 Legislative Priorities
- Advance the State of Ohio’s Common Sense Initiative’s efforts to identify and reduce regulatory burdens on small business by increasing outreach to the small business community
- Reduce costs associated with understanding and complying with regulations at every level of government, including those related to tax changes
- Increase online paperwork compliance opportunities to streamline reporting requirements
- Remove first-time paperwork violation fines, except in cases of fraud, for small business owners that utilize good faith compliance efforts
- Require agencies to issue regulations in plain, easy-to-understand language
- Ensure small business owners receive updates regarding regulation changes and new regulations in a timely manner and through resources they regularly look to for information
- Monitor: COSE is monitoring the bill's progress.
- Oppose: The COSE Advocacy Committee opposes this bill.
- Support: The COSE Advocacy Committee supports this bill.