Managing benefits was probably not the reason you went into business, and most likely, not your specialty. But COSE has created a suite that helps you through those everyday challenges. From choosing the right benefits to navigating a human resource jam, we have the expertise and resources you need.
HR Answer Desk:
COSE can help provide solutions to your day-to-day human resource challenges, including creating an employee handbook, hiring and firing, and designing model policies. COSE will also connect you to a human resource professional through our HR Referral Network for a free 30-minute consultation.
Employee Benefits Consultation and Programs:
We offer one-on-one consultations with a benefits expert who can help you determine the right mix of benefits for your business.
- Health Insurance: More than 25 different affordable health plans are available through locally-based Medical Mutual of Ohio. You also have access to valuable resources such as the Benefits Solutions Guide, Health Care Reform GameplanTM and benefits workshops to help navigate a complicated health insurance marketplace.
- Wellness Programs: Free and low-cost wellness solutions are available to help you better control health care costs. Access free days at local YMCA locations, health screenings, flu shots, education and wellness-based grants through the COSE Mini-Grant Program.
- Life & Disability: Quality, flexible cost-sharing options are available through Consumers Life Insurance. Offers include group life, accidental death and dismemberment, and short- and long-term disability. Voluntary life insurance and short-term disability insurance are also available.
- Vision: High-quality affordable vision care plans covering exams, frames and lenses every 12 months are available through Vision Service Plans (VSP).
- Dental: A broad network of dentists and specialists are available in the COSE SuperDental Program through Medical Mutual of Ohio.
- Long-Term Care: LTC SmartTM offered through Todd Benefits Group Inc. helps protect your assets as well as loved ones faced with care responsibilities, covers long-term nursing home and assisted living facilities, as well as adult day care or in-home care.
Workers’ Compensation Consultation and Programs:
Quality, discounted workers’ compensation services with prepaid legal assistance as well as workplace safety solutions.
- Group Rating: Thanks to our group purchasing power, members can access Ohio’s highest discounts.
- Legal Representation: Since legal costs can threaten the health of any business, COSE provides legal support through Ross, Brittain & Schonberg Co. LPA, the area’s top firm specializing in small business workers’ compensation issues.
- Workplace Safety: On-site safety audits, consultation and assistance with workplace safety and training programs are available through COSE Safety Plus. And our Safety Council Store offers one-stop access to state, federal, OSHA compliance and safety products.
- Claims Management: Trained staff specialized in helping small businesses navigate claims to minimize costs and a favorable outcome.
You and your employees (and sometimes their families) can access energy, wellness, entertainment and news and magazine discounts, as well as access to all COSE workshops and networking events.