Please join us for the 2020 Cleveland Internship Summit, presented by the Greater Cleveland Partnership and Cleveland State University, on Thursday, February 27 from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Corporate College East.
The Summit will bring together business community representatives and educators to discuss how to increase and improve internship opportunities in Northeast Ohio through a range of panels and conversations.
New for this year is programming that includes a track targeting those with long-term, established internship programs, and a track of topics for those who are seeking the foundational information, or the “nuts and bolts,” of building or growing an internship program.
All attendees, no matter how established your program, will learn valuable information from local employers and experts, and discuss the value of internships to building a strong talent pipeline.
Keynote Presentation: Create Opportunities Today for a Better Tomorrow
Jeff LeBeau, President of WRL Advertising
Persistence pays off with the right opportunity. Creating an internship program that is challenging, educational, and encourages exposure creates a spring board to future career.
When Jeff LeBeau started working at WRL Advertising in Canton in 2006, he was an intern who was attending the University of Akron. Today, he's the company's president.
Don't miss this inspiring keynote presentation about his journey to leadership. . . and how it all started with an internship.
Plenary Session: Building a Talent Pipeline Through a Winternship
Buddy Henika, Team Leader – Talent Acquisition
Carolyn Valco, PHR – Program Manager
The Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans Winternship is a week-long immersion experience in Detroit, Michigan for students looking to gain professional experience over their winter break. During the week, students engage with senior leaders, shadow hiring leaders, attend exclusive events and so much more. At the end of the week, students may receive an offer to join us for a summer internship or full-time role after graduation. Taking this unique approach allows us to draw talent to our headquarters in the heart of downtown Detroit where students can see and experience the reemergence of the city. Since the experience is unpaid, we do take care of all travel and meal accommodations throughout the week. Each year, our applicant pool increases by bounds and so does the number of students invited to spend the week with us. We look forward to sharing the challenges we’ve faced with this program, how we measure success and where we continue to see it grow!
Track 1 (for established internship programs)
INNOVATION IN INTERNSHIPS
- Micro and virtual Internships are here. Learn how the gig economy and technology have changed the way work-based learning experiences look and feel
- Learn about the current rules, myths, and the impact they have on internship and other hiring programs
BRIDGING THE EMPLOYABILITY (SKILLS) GAP BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER AN INTERNSHIP
- Learn how employers are taking an active role in addressing skills gaps
SOLVING THE EXPERIENCE GAP
- How tech employers are using the apprenticeship model to build their workforce of the future
- How social capital impacts talent recruitment and internships
BUILDING AN EARLY TALENT STRATEGY USING DATA AND OTHER DIGITAL SOLUTIONS
- Learn how employers are embracing digital solutions to help them see more measurable results in their internship and early talent acquisition strategies
Track 2 (for new and early-stage internship programs)
LINKING HIGH SCHOOL INTERNSHIPS TO TALENT STRATEGY
- Learn more about the value of experience at the secondary level for the student and the return for employers
INTERNSHIP NUTS & BOLTS
- Best practices for building a successful internship program
- Strategies for connecting with the right schools that meet your sourcing needs
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION IN INTERNSHIPS
- Explore impactful practices to advance diversity and inclusion in your internship program and recruitment efforts
LEGAL ASPECTS OF INTERNSHIPS
- Learn about common legal issues and questions
LEVERAGING CAREER SERVICES
- How Career Service Centers can you help you with attracting, retaining, and developing interns
Date: Thursday, February 27, 2020
Time: 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Registration: $79 for members, $129 for nonmembers
For additional information regarding the event or sponsorship opportunities, contact Angela Finding, Senior Director, Early Talent at email@example.com.