Internship Help for Your Business
The Greater Cleveland Partnership’s Internship Central program is collaborating with Tri-C to offer GCP members the opportunity to participate as an internship host employer for Tri-C’s Summer Internship Program. There are 50 internships available and employers can host more than one intern. The program is five to 10 weeks (maximum of 100 hours to be worked) from May 30 to August 11, 2017.
As an external host employer, the company would be placed with an intern that best matches your needs. Tri-C manages the HR functions of the internship such as hiring, placement and internship compensation. Students will be compensated by the college at $10 per hour and will also receive financial support for one course during the Summer Term (up to 4 credits) and one book (up to $125).
The host employer is responsible for:
- Providing supervision, coaching, feedback, and support to the intern.
- Providing meaningful work and learning experiences for the intern.
- Developing and sharing a work plan for the intern, outlining objectives and deliverables throughout the five- or 10-week internship.
- Providing a workspace and other resources (e.g., access to computer, reference materials, and telephone).
- Attending the Host Information Session and an Onboarding Session during Spring Term.
- Attending the Internship Fairs. This is essential because this is where you will meet and interview potential interns and make your top three intern selections.
- Metropolitan Campus (downtown Cleveland) - Monday, March 13, 2017, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Western Campus (Parma) - Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Internship host opportunities are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are interested in hosting a student during summer 2017, please complete the Summer Internship Job Description and return to Angela Finding at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 18, 2016. For questions regarding the program, call Angela at 216-592-2385.
Please click on the links below to access additional information about the program.