The COSE Workers’ Comp team at Minute Men HR (MMHR/COSE) wants to help you navigate the different BWC requirements and understand the information that is sent to you.
By now, you should have received your 2020 Ohio BWC Policy Renewal Packets. They generally include:
- 2020 BWC Coverage Certificate
- 2020 Estimated Payroll*, Experience Modifier, Rates and Estimated Premium
- 2020 Premium Installment Schedule
- Directions on how to amend estimated payroll or change premium installment schedule or notify the BWC of significant changes in operations (additional job classifications, new ownership).
- True Up Information and Other Important Reminders
*Because of the potential impact of COVID-19 on your business, the BWC reduced the estimated payroll for the period 7/1/2020 -6/30/2021 by 20%. If your business has not been impacted by COVID-19, or if the estimate is not in line with your business forecast please be sure to reach out to the BWC to amend the estimated payroll so that you will not face a large True Up balance or credit at the end of the policy year. Details on how to do this are outlined on page 2 of the 2020 BWC Policy Renewal Packet.
The packet outlines your responsibility as a policy holder. Be sure to read all of the information contained in the cover letter and packet and take appropriate action by the specific due dates noted so that you remain compliant and avoid BWC penalties.
If you did not receive your 2020 BWC Policy Renewal Packet, please contact the Ohio BWC at 1-800-OHIOBWC (1-800-644-6292) or log on to your e-account on the BWC website and reach out to your BWC representative.
For more information about our program, please call our Workers’ Comp Team at Minute Men HR at 216-452-0107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation things can change, so it’s best for employers to check the BWC FAQ on COVID-19 frequently.